Alabama Real Estate Commission License Requirements
ALABAMA LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
To become eligible to obtain a license in Alabama, and applicant who does not hold a current real estate license in another state must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident,
- Be at least 19 years old,
- Show proof of bona fide residency in any state in the U.S.,
- Show proof of high school graduation or G.E.D.,
- Not have been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude,
- Not have had a real estate application or license rejected or revoked in any state within the past two years,
- After meeting the education and /or experience requirements, pass the licensing examination,
- Secure the required errors and omissions insurance prior to submitting application for an active license,
- Successfully complete an approved pre-license course and then
- Pass State Exam within 24 months of completion of Pre-License course.
PRE-LICENSE COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Course must be approved by proper State of Alabama authority,
- A minimum of 60 clock hours and the
- Course must be completed prior to taking the state exam.
After completing the foregoing and receiving a temporary license an approved 30 hour post-license must be completed within the first twelve month of licensure in order to be issued an original (permanent) license. Further, the course must be completed and original license issued within the first six months in order to maintain an "active" license.
LICENSE STATUS OPTIONS
Three Options and Requirements (based on how you plan to use your license)
- INACTIVE LICENSE (License held by R.E. Commission)
- Pre-License Tuition & Course Material
- Application for State Exam
- Criminal Records Check
- Recovery Fund Fee
- ACTIVE LICENSE (License held by Broker)
- All of the Above in Item 1. Plus Errors & Omissions Insurance
- Temporary License Issuance
- Permanent License Issuance
- ACTIVE LICENSE (Member of Association of Realtors)
- All of the Above in Items 1. & 2. Plus Association of Realtors Indoctrination
- Association of Realtors Annual Membership
- Multiple Listing Service Indoctrination
IS REAL ESTATE RIGHT FOR YOU?
In most cases agents are attracted to real estate for one or more of the following reasons:
- High Earnings Potential
Characteristics of successful agents:
- Self Disciplined
- Service Oriented
If you answered Yes to the above questions Real Estate is certainly worth looking in to.
SELECTING YOUR COMPANY
Consider the following in your company selection:
Interview the agents that are there. Ask..."Why are they there?"
- Company Possessing Your Core Values
- Direction of Company
- Communication With Your Leadership
- Agents You Can Work Well With
- Training (Formal and Informal) and its Availability
- Structure and Policies Suitable to You